According to Green and Haines (2016), “Communities face a variety of issues related to credit. Most of these issues are concerned with the demand for and supply of financial capital and the institutions involved in the credit market” (p.229).
Also, include why these questions are so important to community development? (Do not respond just “yes” or “no” to the questions, but give a clear substantial response.)
1.Do consumers and firms have an adequate supply of credit? Is the cost of credit an
obstacle for consumers and firms? If there is a problem, is long-term or short-term
credit the problem?
2. What type of credit is being demanded by consumers and firms? What have been the experiences
of consumers and firms in trying to obtain credit in the community?
3. What is the structure of credit institutions in the area? How much competition is
there among lenders? What is the history of branch openings and closings in the community?
4. How well are local credit institutions meeting the needs of local residents? What
portion of their capital assets are invested locally?
5. How well do credit institutions that serve a community market their services and products?
How aware are residents of the available credit services and products?
6. Are minorities, women, or small businesses discriminated against in the local credit