There were several resources addressing suicide this week which is an extremely important topic. Identify and discuss six lessons learned this week from the various learning materials on addressing the topic of suicide with children. Cite your sources
What is a project, and what are its main attributes? How is a project different from what most people do in their day-to-day jobs? Discuss the importance of top management commitment and the development of standards for successful project management. Provide examples to illustrate the importance of these items based on your experience on any type of project. Discuss the unique challenges that an IT project presents.
In your peer responses, be sure discuss your thoughts on project management, your views on project’s attributes, and your thoughts on successful project management. You can take opposing/differing views than your peers but be sure to provide applicable resources as needed. Properly provide examples in your peer responses as well and any additional challenges you see with IT projects.
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
Choose a children’s television show to watch and answer the following questions. Pay attention to both the show and the commercials! Your response should be about 500 words; points will be taken off for spelling/grammar errors.
1. Which show did you choose?
2. What age range do you think this show is for? What makes you think so?
3. What was one of the major ideas or messages of this episode?
4. What ideas or messages were portrayed in this show about gender roles or expectations?
5. What ideas or messages were portrayed in this show about racial or ethnic roles or expectations?
6. Describe any indication of violence that was present in this program.
7. Described any prosocial behaviors that were present in this program.
8. What is one skill that could be built or improved by this show?
9. What were the commercials primarily advertising? If you are watching a show without commercials, either search the internet for commercials directed at children, or draw on your memory from any childhood TV watching.
10. Describe one feature of the commercials that might make them attractive to children — that is, why would children be interested in that commercial?
There are so many different aspects to gender, sex, sexuality and identity! For this week’s writing assignment, I’d like you to pick any three areas from this chart, and define them in detail. You may use our OER textbook chapter, OpenStax, or other academic sources (make sure to cite).
1. Pick three categories of gender/sex/sexuality/identity form this chart
2. Write a paragraph for each category thoroughly defining the areas you chose. Be sure to cite your sources.
3. Write a brief reflection paragraph on your gender/sex/sexuality/identity. Do you feel comfortable sharing your identities with others? Why or why not?
From the assigned article, what are the ramifications of social networking sites (facebook, myspace, twitter, etc.) from the employee perspective? From the employer perspective?
Should employers monitor what an employee says on their Facebook page – when the employee is working? when the employee is not working?
Find additional articles and situations where company policy is changing and addressing these concerns (both positively and negatively).
1) To what extent are Vladek’s aggravating personality traits a product of his experiences during the Holocaust? 2) Does Art Spiegelman reconstruct the reality of what his father has experienced in the Holocaust? Is he able to understand, visualize, and represent his father’s experience enough so that you can understand such a complex reality? **whichever you think constitutes a better argument! Note: I also have an option to write about “the human comedy” if you think this work would be better suited. Instructions: -Discuss this creative work with an external source (only one). External source can be about a relevant theme, concept, or specifically about creative work you are working on. -Please try to come up with some provoking and interesting thoughts and opinions to argue your claim in the thesis statement in a more convincing way. Your arguments are more important for me to read than the examples you come up with from the text. -Please try to avoid summarizing and try to give more space to your interpretations.
What is a conceptual framework?
A conceptual framework is “a set of relatively abstract and general concepts that address the phenomena of central interest to a discipline, the propositions that broadly describe those concepts, and the propositions that state relatively abstract and general relations between two or more of the concepts” (Butts & Rich, 2018, p. 96).
Conceptual frameworks have a practical value because they guide research and practice. Each conceptual framework of nursing gives the disciple a unique perspective of the metaparadigm concept and provides a path for concrete theories.
In this assignment, you are going to locate a conceptual framework that you could use in advanced nursing practice. Explain how your chosen conceptual framework of nursing relates to the unique perspective of the metaparadigm concept of person/client, nurse, health, and environment and apply the value of a conceptual framework to advanced nursing roles. Keep in mind, that the conceptual framework is used to allow for practical applications of the metaparadigm concept that will lead to a concrete theory.
For this Assignment, your paper must be 2 to 3 pages, not including the title and reference pages. Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.