Executive Summary In this assignment, you will propose a quality improvement initiative from your place of employment that could easily be implemented if approved. Assume you are presenting this program to the board for approval of funding. Write an executive summary to present to the board, from which the board will make its decision to fund your program or project. Include the following: The purpose of the quality improvement initiative. The target population or audience. The benefits of the quality improvement initiative. The interprofessional collaboration that would be required to implement the quality improvement initiative. The cost or budget justification. The basis upon which the quality improvement initiative will be evaluated.
Juan’s dad has been in the military for many years. Juan is ten years old but, due to multiple deployments, Juan’s family moved three times before he was eight. Each time it has become harder for Juan to adjust to new schools, friends and neighbors.
- Prior to the last move, Juan was very attached to his teachers and friends at his last school.
- He excelled academically and was very active in after-school activities.
- Since the last move, Juan has had difficulty sleeping and completing homework.
- He is withdrawn and does not want to attend school anymore.
- He is afraid to make friends or get close to his new teachers for fear he will “just have to leave them as well.”
- His father, Samuel, sustained a traumatic brain injury while on his last deployment and his behavior and personality has changed. Juan feels like he does not recognize his father’s behavior.
- Samuel currently drinks to excess and often argues with Juan’s mother, Eileen.
- Sometimes, Samuel leaves the house and disappears for several days at a time.
- Samuel has threatened to kill himself or Eileen.
- Juan has witnessed Samuel knocking his mother to the ground on several occasions.
Now you have a meeting with Juan’s teacher and school administrators to decide how to help him to succeed academically and socially and how the family could be helped.
Case Questions to answer based upon your role:
- Briefly discuss two strategies Juan’s teachers and school can use to help him master coping skills and build resiliency.
- Name one service or program that child welfare can provide to Juan’s family that will help stabilize the family.
- Explain your choices.
As you grow into a leadership or management position, you are not only responsible for your behavior, but also the behavior of your team members. It is especially important that you and your team are exposed to the idea of failure and how it relates directly to leadership.
Many people avoid situations in which they might fail. Other individuals fear failure so much they will not take a risk or have an opinion other than what the group wants. There is an old adage that says, “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.”
Select a leader in business, sports, management, or government and plan a short 20-minute interview. The interview may be over the phone or in person.
Suggested interview questions:
- What can be learned by failing?
- You seem pretty confident and successful. Have you ever exposed your team to the idea of failure to prepare them for consequences if the wrong choices are made?
- What can be learned by failing?
- In what ways does failure affect success?
- What do you think is the value of failure?
- How can having a failure change the way you make decisions or do business in the future? How?
- Some leaders seem to always make the right decisions and therefore experience a lot of success. How can too much success interfere with creativity?
- What if we could design a controlled failure system for work that could tap creativity without causing fear or stress?
(Note: Guidelines for Interview Assignments at Strayer University:
(1) Before students engage in an interview assignment, they must adhere to these Guidelines for Interview Assignments at Strayer University:
(a) The purpose of the assignment is to train students in interview / research methods, not to develop or contribute to research that can be applied to situations beyond that studied or that is created to share with others beyond the local setting.
(b) No publication of projects containing the results of or information from the interviews is allowed, including publication in social media, blogs or the Internet generally. The interview findings may only be shared in the class.
(2) When presenting the results of their interviews to their instructor and / or classmates, students may not disclose personally identifiable information about an interviewee, unless they have received written permission from the interviewee as verified by their instructor.
(3) All interviewees must be at least 18 years old.)
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Propose two (2) ways that you can use a failure in your life or career to improve your vision as a leader.
- Examine the key traits and characteristics that transformational leaders possess. Predict the impact that a transformational leader’s response to a failure would have on performance and behavior in his or her employees. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine whether or not you believe that failure is an integral part of life that contributes to leadership effectiveness. Provide two (2) examples to support your response.
- Create a list of five (5) best practices for leaders to follow in order to be effective after a failure in the workplace. Support each practice with examples from your interview.
- Determine the manner in which experiences with failure and leadership affect the risk taking and decision making behaviors of an individual on a leadership track. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine how leadership influences organizational performance.
- Determine key leadership qualities that contribute to leadership effectiveness.
- Analyze the impact of leadership styles on performance and behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership strategies using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in leadership strategies.
https://press.rebus.community/idsconnect/chapter/the-history-of-the-academy-and-the-disciplines/ Read the file, “Interdisciplinary study: disciples of disciplines? and The History of the Academy and the Disciplines”. Based on your readings in this module, answer the prompt below in essay form.
What is a discipline? How did disciplines come into existence? What are some of the strengths of disciplines?
Review both resources provided below in addition to the assigned readings for this week and reflect on 2 key differences between the UK and US Health systems. What are key opportunities related to advocacy and politics interventions that can be taken by advanced practice nurses to improve our current health system?
Please refer to the resources identified below for details regarding UK Health System.
1. US and UK Health System Comparison- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Y0TKiwNgo
2. Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker- https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/#item-post-op-clots-better-u-s-comparable-countries
By the time that Europeans began to explore and settle in the Americas, there was already a remarkable diversity of cultures among the “First Peoples” who lived there. Give me several examples of this diversity and offer an explanation as to the sources and causes of this diversity. What ramifications might this diversity of culture have for the European explorers and settlers?
Assignment 1 is the first part of a five-part project to plan the various elements of a program evaluation for education. Select a program target from your school district, workplace, (e.g., business training program) or your university (where you are a student). For you to gain the most from the assignment, you should select a program that you are interested in, would like to see evaluated, and are able to obtain information about. (Possible programs include: student assessment, teacher assessment, pay for student achievement, new teacher or employee training, online classrooms, anti-bullying, gender equity for girls in math and science, school to work, retention of at-risk students, and schools of choice (charter schools), etc.). As you develop the entire plan, gather information, and receive feedback from your professor (or others), you should revise and refine each part of the project. Think of your professor as your project evaluator and supervisor who will help guide you so that you produce an outstanding, well-developed evaluation plan for the stakeholders.
Write a paper in which you:
- Describe three (3) elements of a worthy object for program evaluation – its type, the department administrating it, and target population.
- Describe the program’s history, primary purpose(s), and / or expected outcomes.
- Explain three (3) reasons for selecting the program (e.g., program’s value or lack of it, issues surrounding it, age, relevance, cost, impact on students, etc.).
- Discuss three (3) advantages of evaluating the program at this time.
- Discuss two (2) major constraints in conducting an evaluation on this program and a method of addressing them.
- Use at least three (3) peer-reviewed academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and many Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Peer-reviewed academic resources refer to articles and scholarly journals that are reviewed by a panel of experts or peers in the field. Review the video titled Research Starter: Finding Peer-Reviewed References for more information on obtaining peer-reviewed academic resources through your Blackboard course shell.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explore the need for evaluating school programs.
- Develop a program evaluation plan for education.
- Write clearly and concisely about education program evaluation using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in educational program evaluation.