- Describe each category of worker (full- and part-time employees, independent contractors, temporary employees, interns, students, volunteers, and partners).
- Include an analysis of the pros and cons of each type of worker, from an employer’s perspective.
- Select and describe a type of business. Describe the ideal proportion of workers (full- and part-time employees, independent contractors, temporary employees, interns, students, volunteers, and partners) and include a supporting rationale.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- What are the primary benefits and negative aspects of arbitration from the perspective of either an employer or an employee?
- There is much debate today about the contingency workforce and the former implied permanent relationship in the workforce. Given our global economy and the use of technology, do you think it is time to encourage a return to more long-term employment relationship thinking?