Choose a children’s television show to watch and answer the following questions. Pay attention to both the show and the commercials! Your response should be about 500 words; points will be taken off for spelling/grammar errors.
1. Which show did you choose?
2. What age range do you think this show is for? What makes you think so?
3. What was one of the major ideas or messages of this episode?
4. What ideas or messages were portrayed in this show about gender roles or expectations?
5. What ideas or messages were portrayed in this show about racial or ethnic roles or expectations?
6. Describe any indication of violence that was present in this program.
7. Described any prosocial behaviors that were present in this program.
8. What is one skill that could be built or improved by this show?
9. What were the commercials primarily advertising? If you are watching a show without commercials, either search the internet for commercials directed at children, or draw on your memory from any childhood TV watching.
10. Describe one feature of the commercials that might make them attractive to children — that is, why would children be interested in that commercial?