Identify a conflict between two groups, and obtain approval from your instructor.
Write a paper in which you create a program to improve the relationship between two groups. Examples include between police and a community, managers and subordinates, the city council committee and a special interest group, and unions and management. Be specific in identifying what community, company, or organization you are writing about.
Nature of the Conflict
- Describe the context of the conflict. What kind of community or organization is this? Who are the stakeholders in the outcome of the conflict?
- Identify the overt and covert issues presenting both sides.
- Describe the effect the conflict has on the organization within which it exists and, if applicable, the surrounding community.
- Identify attribution errors and how they will be addressed in the program.
- Analyze the dynamics within each group and between groups. Who are the leaders? Does anyone stall or undermine the group? Is there a relationship between two subgroups?
- Apply the elements of conflict resolution.
- Describe the central strategy you will use to resolve or diminish the conflict.
- Provide at least one reference supporting the use of such a strategy.
- Include a program component that employs social media.
- Explain how you will address attribution errors between the groups.
- Identify the elements of persuasion you will use in your program.