To prepare for this assessment, use the Capella library and the Internet to research employment law, both from a historical perspective and in the present day. Focus your research on laws that have impacted today’s workplace.
Then, write a 2–3-page summary of your research into employment law. Complete the following:
- Summarize two of the laws that you feel have the greatest impact in the workplace today, and provide a rationale to support your point of view.
- Discuss two employment-related topic areas in which you believe the laws will change or evolve in the next 10 years.
- Describe any trends or historical perspectives that support your position regarding the laws that will change or evolve in the next 10 years.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
For the following questions, refer to the United States Census Bureau Web site, listed in the Resources.
- Find the census statistics for your home state. If you do not reside in the United States, choose a state you are interested in learning more about. Find three facts or trends that you think reflect what is happening in your state’s workforce. Why do you think these facts are important, and what impact could they have on the future workforce?
- In your opinion, what is the role of management in legal compliance? In your experience, or based on research you have conducted, what are some of the issues related to this topic that exist in the workplace?